What you need:
- 5 lbs. country style ribs
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Optional barbecue sauce (we used Sweet Baby Ray’s Maple and Brown Sugar)
- 4TBS Spark Spices Original Brine
How to cook:
- Place meat in 1 gallon zip top bag (Tip- position bones to the inside so the don’t puncture the bag.)
- Add the 4 tablespoons of original brine mix to the 2 cups of water and mix thoroughly.
- Add to the 1 gallon zip top bag poured over the meat.
- Squeeze out all air out of the bag until the liquid is over the top of the meat and seal.
- Refrigerate for up to three days, but at least 24 hours.
- Turn bag the bag every 24 hours or so to allow for better coverage of the brine.
- Place meat in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. (You can also smoke the ribs for 2 or so hours before placing in the slow cooker.)
- Once they smell amazing, pull ribs out carefully and remove most of the liquid from the slow cooker.
- After the liquid is removed, add ribs back to cooker and add barbecue sauce (or not, your choice), and set cooker to warm, and the ribs are ready to serve.